Here are a list of publications and presentations that I've worked on. You can find the most complete list of my publications on my CiteULike page.
- Presented (November 8) Extracting Data from Historical Documents: Crowdsourcing Annotations on Wikisource at the Museum Computer Network Annual Conference 2012, Seattle WA, USA. Slides available online.
- Thomer, A., Vaidya, G., Guralnick, R., Bloom, D., Russell, L. (July 20) From documents to datasets: A MediaWiki-based method of annotating and extracting species observations in century-old field notebooks. ZooKeys 209, 235-253. Available online under the CC-BY 3.0 license as doi:10.3897/zookeys.209.3247.
- Kwong, S., Srivathsan, A., Vaidya, G., Meier, R. (March) Is the COI barcoding gene involved in speciation through intergenomic conflict? Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 62 (3), 1009-1012. Available online as doi:10.1016/j.ympev.2011.11.034.
- John Wieczorek*, Aaron Steele, Walter Jetz, Rob Guralnick, Andrew Hill, Gaurav Vaidya* and Dan Rosauer (October 20) Map of Life at TDWG 2011, New Orleans, USA.
- Vaidya, G., Lohman, D. J., Meier, R. (July 7) SequenceMatrix: concatenation software for the fast assembly of multi-gene datasets with character set and codon information. Cladistics 27, 171-180. Available online as doi:10.1111/j.1096-0031.2010.00329.x.
- Gaurav Vaidya*, David Lohman, Rudolf Meier (June 26) Sequence Matrix: Gene concatenation made easy at the 28th annual meeting of the Willi Hennig Society, Singapore.
- Dikow, T., Meier, R., Vaidya, G. G. and Londt, J.G.H. Biodiversity research based on taxonomic revisions - a tale of unrealized opportunities. Diptera Diversity: Status, Challenges and Tools. (eds Pape, T., Bickel, D. and Meier, R.). Koninklijke Brill NV, Leiden. Available online.
- Meier, R., Shiyang, K., Vaidya, G., Ng, P. K. (October) DNA barcoding and taxonomy in Diptera: a tale of high intraspecific variability and low identification success. Systematic Biology 55 (5), 715-728. Available online as doi:10.1080/10635150600969864.